This class is usually packed with injuries and new people, so I was able to take advantage of the intimate familiar group and offer a few new ideas. One of the students had been bitten by a DOg, so we agreed to do downdog. This surprisingly led us to work on headstand preparation.
Starting on the backs
1) Hip Rotation Awareness.
2) Eye of the Needle to Half Happy Baby. Repeat other side.
3) Supta Padangustasana with Straps.
Roll to Sitting
7) Side Waist Stretch with Fingers interlaced and Palms Facing Up
8) Forward Fold with Fingers interlaced behind back
9) Half Chair to Utkatasana
Repeat with emphasis on working the underside of the stretch.
11) Breath Awareness with Tailbone movement
12) 1/4 Suns
13) Half Suns
14) Splat at Wall
15) Half Wall Dog
16) Wall Lunge
18) Half Wall Lunge with Leg Lift
20) Down Dog with Hands at wall (2x) (Childs Pose in between)
21) Down Dog without wall
23) Seated Shoulder Awareness Exercise
Lift right elbow to be in line with right shoulder, creating a 90 degree angle. Roll shoulder back and down. Use left hand to press into right forearm and press right forearm into left elbow creating awareness of the strength under the shoulder blade. Repeat other side. Finish by holding both arms in front of you and working like you are trying to squeeze the elbows together but resist and don't.
25) Sirsasana (headstand) Preparation
26) Sirsasana Preparation with 3 blocks at the Wall
Played with lifting legs. Some people went up!
27) Childs Pose
28) Bridge Pose 2x
29) Spinal Twist
31) Sit an OM