Friday, July 4, 2008

Class Etiquette

I went to Uschi's Independence Day Class this morning.

She opened with a conversation about "I am". And somewhere in the middle of class I forgot that it was not just her and me. Uschi and I have a beautiful friendship that allows space but also pushes each other to be clear. The communication of yoga is not easy and it helps to have friends to help you.

So when I engaged her and started asking questions about what she meant, I threw her off. I was not sensitive to the fact that she was using the intimate and supportive space of teaching to feel into new tender areas within herself. Instead of just listening, I started questioning.

So, sorry pal. I look forward to continuing the discussion and hearing more of what you are sensing, feeling and discovering.

No comments: