Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yogathon Meditation Class

This afternoon I taught at the Yogathon at Yoga Jones in Ventura, benefitting KidsArt.

The class was billed as a gentle yoga for meditaiton class.

I started out with a talk, thinking we had 90 minutes, then Marcia let me know we only had an hour.  So things got simple quick.  I was really glad Marcia was in the room.  It really helps to have people you know.  Melissa was there.  Lori was there.  And a few other peeps.  Grounding points.

Since we were benefiting a kids art effort, I allowed the talking points to be inspired by Betty Edward's "Drawing from the Right Side of the Brain."  I spoke on learning how to LOOK.  I referenced Carol Dweck's Mindset and the Effort Effect and Gladwell and the 10,000 hours of practice.

This is the first time I have opened with a talk and not just started in and allowed the talking points to be revealed.  So this was new and fun.  It felt right to engage the new group who I have never met and connect.


Supine
Windshield Wiper
Tailbone
Shimmy

Eye of the Needle with Tailbone Action

Roll up to Sitting

Easy Casual Side Bending

Side Bending "for real" x 2

Sphinx
Baby Cobra to Locust to Cobra x 2

Childs Pose

Set up for Sit

15 minute Sit

Close.

No comments: