Friday, October 24, 2008

Crib Day 1

So many lessons this year. Good ones. Might post those on Blog of a Yogi, but appropriate to list my first class here. Teaching first thing is the best way for me to renter after the last 4 days of preparation. The class draws me in and allows me to arrive. Simultaneously, everyone else is also arriving. SO there is usually a soft awkwardness. Like a first kiss. Not bad, but not totally connected.

I usually start in Lulu's which holds me and supports me. Because of the number of sign ups for my class I needed to start in a bigger venue. I put myself in the art center. Not a great venue. Public space and not sacred. So it was good practice to feel into that.

The peeps in class could not have been sweeter and it is so easy to fall in love. And several of my "hommies" were there for support. My "talking points" were off. Scattered. I did not have the "personal story" to tie it together...I was not totally connected. The class was more a way for me to connect and assist in all of our dropping into the Crib. i do not feel badly about the experience, I am open to what it is about.


Sit.
Cross Legged Forward Fold
Side Bend
(Switch Legs, other side)

Easy Side Plank Variation
All Fours
Plank
Dog
Easy Side Plank
All Fours
Cat/Dog
Childs
All Fours

Repeat Sequence Other Side

Plank
Dog

Leg Line Attention with Lunges
Sequence 1
Dog
Lunge
(repeat other side)

Vinyasa 1
Plank
Sphinx
Windshield Wiper
Rocket Cat
Plank
Dog

Sequence 2
Dog
Lunge (more details)
Hammock Pose
Lunge

Repeat Vinyasa 1

Uttanasana
Roll up to Standing

Shoulder Awareness
Swamp Monster and Cactus
Wise Guy Sequence

Tadasana
Ujayyi Pranayama

YAM

Standing Sequence 1
Sun to Lunge
Hammock
Warrior 2 Dance
Low Lunge
Crescent Moon
Pyramid Play
Lunge

Vinaysa 2
Dog
Roll to Cobra
Toe Torture
(Demo)
Roll to Cobra from Dog Again
Rocket Cat
Plank
Dog

Uttanasana
Roll to Standing
Tadasana

RAM

repeat standing seqeunce 1
repeat vinyasa 2

other side

Uttanasana
Roll to Standing
Tadasana

VAM

Standing Sequence 2
Sun to Lunge
Hammock
Horse 1
Horse 2
Squirt Prep
Malasana
Deep Low Lunge
Hamstring External Rotation Play
Lunge

Vinyasa 3
Dog
Roll into Updog
Roll back into Down Dog

Uttanasana
Roll up to Tadasana

LAM

Repeat Standing Sequence 2
But with moving all the way to squirt and front splits.
repeat Vinyasa 3

Childs Pose
Vajrasana Meditation

Transition to Supine
Windshield Wiper

Bridge x 2
Bridge with Leg Lift

Viparitta Karni
Plow
Karni Pidasana
Roll out Supine

Roll up to sitting
Baddha Konasana

Sit and Chant back up Chakras

Sit

Savasana

No comments: