Monday, February 11, 2008

Second 1:1 Monday, February 11

Usually I do not do two privates in a day. But today was an exception.

Client: 68 year old man who has been doing yoga regurally for about 10 years. He has been coming to Lulu's for about 3 years. In the last 3 months, however, the pain in his hips and neck from osteoarthirits is making it difficult for him to do all the moves he used to. He talked me through some of the problem areas. As always, I feel like I have gotten "the teachings" just in time as Tucker and I just finished leading the "Yoga For Life" Teacher Training.

Today's session felt like an assessment. We did a bunch of stuff for me to understand more deeply what the roots of the problems are, but I did not get a clear hit on a solution.

Here is what we did:

Spring Training Shoulder Circles
Around the Clock Shoulder Stretch @ Wall
Splat at Wall

Right Angle Pose

Wall Lunge
Warrior 1 @ Wall
Triangle at Wall (top arm with bent elbow, gaze @ earth so as not to aggrevate neck pain)

Neck Stretches
Wise Guy and Side and Forward

Neck Extenstion and Turning Work

Locust Work

Eye of Needle at Wall

Hamstring Stretching

Restorative Block behind Heart Pose

Neck Roll

Savasana

Sit

My plan is to develop some sequences for him. In the meantime, we agreed that he would add the shoulder work and neck work to his current routine and see how it felt.

No comments: