Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yoga for Life Teacher Training Day 1

18 Peeps!

Tucker Adams and I are offering a 4 day training to help prepare others for working with the older members of our community. We were inspired to do this because of the unbelievable response to yoga at Help of Ojai. The waiting list to get into our class is twice as long as room in the class.

So we were inspired to develop a training that would start to develop a team of teachers comfortable and prepared to be of assistance.

Tucker and I come from very different yoga backgrounds, training and perspectives but as she said tonight in the training, we are moving towards the same place in our understanding of the purpose of yoga. It's been a magical relationship. SLow to develop but unraveling deep old layers and patterns within me. And I think maybe the same for her.

We had no idea that so many people would come. We were expecting 5.

Tonight, the flow looked like this:

Short Yin Yoga Practice
- Pigeon 5 minutes each side
- Sphinx or seal, 4 minutes
- Childs
- Spinal Twist, 3 minutes each side
- Savasana, 5 minutes

Gather in a circle.

Introductions
Hand out Manuel
Go over the training and Look Through the Manual
(I was rushing cuz i had read the clock wrong. I went too fast though this, but ultimately I was glad that Tucker had 40 minutes for her discussion).

Tucker gave a presentation about the Elder Population.
I interjected as useful, but did my best to allow her to hold the stage.

A few questions and responses.

Short Sit Together and Close.

No comments: