Thursday, February 21, 2008

Third Chapter of the Sutras

I have had the delightful opportunity to be in Sutra School up at Krotona with Ravi Ravindra over the last two weeks. His presentation of Chapter 1 and 2 have been thoughtful, patient, insightful and poetic. I have felt in sync with his understanding and he has offered new ideas for me to play with.

He is a wonderful teacher and I would study with him again. But as with most Sutra classes, when we get to Chapter 3, the energy flattens. I have yet to meet a sutra scholar who has direct experience with the states of consciousness and resulting powers discussed in Chapter 3. And without intamite experience, the presentation loses it's luster.

We cannot teach what we do not know. And while the technical discussion is interesting and the speculation curious, when the waters do not flow the thirst is noticeable.

No comments: