Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, Sweet Vinyasa 8:30

15 Peeps

Mostly women today. 4 guys.

I have been practicing with Jason Crandell all weekend. So I arrived a bit out of sorts. While I wanted to share some of what I had learned, I do not like to share until I have baked it into my practice and language first. So I did the opposite. I went way in the direction of the energetics, feminine and personal stories, the opposite of Jason.

The talk was on the Mother Knot. resolving the issue of need for approval with rejection of authority.

Opening
Baddha Konasana Shape
Rub insides of arches and feet.

Side Saddle Shape
Thumb Outside Line of Leg
Switch Sides and do Opposite Leg

Baddha Konasana Shape Again
Thumb the 3 Inside Sen Lines of legs

Yin Baddha Konasana

Chest Pressing Baddha Konasana

Cowboy Negotiation Pose
Wide Leg Uttanasna
Squat
Uttanasna


Uddiyana Bandha
Arm Channel Opening
Arm Extension Prana Exercise

1/4 Suns

Sequence 1
Sun to
Twisting Lunge
Prasarita Padottanasana
Hammock pose
Warrior 2 Dance
Low Lunge
One Legged Dog
Dog

Vinyasa 1
Rounded Plank
Dog
Rounded Plank
Cobra
Rocket Cat
Plank
Dog


Transition 1
Lunge
Standing Splits
Malasana
Bakasana (shared Jason's Rounding emphasis)
Squat
Padahastasana

Complete Sun to Standing

Neutral
Attention to tailbone and ability to draw breath/prana up spine

Repeat Sequence 1

Repeat Transition 1

Sequence 2
Sun to Lunge
Side Angle Pose
Triangle
Triangle Wrap
Half moon
Stading Spits
Twisting lunge

Vinyasa 2
Dog
Rounded Plank
Up Dog
Dog

Transition 2
Fom Dog
Lunge
Standing Splits
Squat
Uttanasana

Complete Sun to Standing

Repeat Sequence 2
Repeat Transition 2

Note: The second standing sequence felt rushed and inserted. But it was the guidance I got.

Sun to Sqaut
Transition on to backs
Happy Baby and
Supine Baddha Konasana

Roll up to Sitting

Slumpy Swami Spinal Twist
Hands Digging into Belly Forward Fold

Upavistha konasana with Revolving Head to Knee

Ajna Chakra Meditation

Savasana

No comments: