Sunday, May 24, 2009

SLO Workshop, May 24: Day 2

I was so delighted to get to play with many of the same people. There were a few new faces but mostly a continuation.

I had a big morning. I decided to lay low, sleep in, make some breakfast and go the beach instead of join a pal for a hike. The shift in routine and the guidance to take it easy allowed a giant insight to come in. A world rocker of one. But I had the capacity to put it to the "side" and prepare for the workshop.

The plan was to create some stability in the legs, meld it with the easy in the spine that we had discovered and move towards drop backs. I found a little more of my voice today. But still, I am rusty with sharing succintly in this format. I had a great time this weekend. I hope they will have me back.

Sukhasana with Spine Work to Forward Fold to Side Bend (Switch Legs and Repeat)
Repeat Side Bend to Both Sides

Sit for about 10 minutes.
I did not say much.

Widening the Base
Simultaneous Opposites
(Yoga Online Video 1 and 2 of this series)
(Creating the memories of tension to create stability)

Cowboy Negotiation
Uttanasana
Roll up to Tadasana

Bound and Strapped Tadasana (See Online Yoga Video)
with Utkatasana and Shoulder Opening


Tadasana
Spine Attention
LAM

Sequence 1
Sun to Lunge
Hammock
Crescent Moon
Dog

Repeat Sequence 1 Other Side
Dog

Sphinx Play
Rocket Cat
Childs
Plank
Dog

Step Forward Uttanasasa
Utkatasana
Tadasana

LAM
Sequence 2
Sun to Lunge
Crescent Moon with Hammock
Dog

Repeat Sequence 2 Other Side
Dog

Sphinx Play with extra Details
Rocket Cat
Childs Pose
Plank
Dog

Step Forward Uttanasana
Uktasana
Tadasana


Warrior 1 Geek Out
2 Rounds
(I was delighted with this cuz several peeps shared what they have found out and discovered. There were questions. And there was recognition that there is no one way).

I was using Warrior 1 to play with those leg tension patterns and attention to the spine in a more complex place than supine or sitting in prep for dropping back. Grounding through the legs and allowing the spine to feel watery.

YAM
Partner Hallelujah Assistance at Wall
Thigh Torture Pose at Wall
Ustrasana Play at Wall

3 Partner Drop Backs

There was a little room to assist a few peeps one on one.

Squat Partner Stretch

Hamstring Stretching with Strap (Towards, Out and Over and Curl)
Rest

Savasana

Sit for 10

No comments: