Monday, March 17, 2008

Stiff White Guys, Saturday 10:45am

8 peeps

Inspired by recent insight that at 80, you must know how to do a lunge and pushup to get off off the floor if you fall, I am bringing back the sun salute. I took them out cuz they are hard and require coordination. And I wanted SWG to be accessible to anyone who walked through the door. But, as I have been working over at Help of Ojai and see what happens to a body underused, my classes have gotten a bit more rigourous. And the Sun Salutation is one of the most perfect forms of exercise.

Began with Breath and Uddiyana Bandha Focus

Sun Salutation Pattern at Wall

Sun Salutation Pattern riffing off Surya Namaskar C
We used blocks under hands to make for easier transitions and broke it down into easy pieces.

Transition to earth.

Windshield Wiper

Bridge Pose x 2

Thread the Needle
Hamstring Stretch

Easy Spinal Twist

Savasana

No comments: