Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Teaching Yoga Session: Day 2

We are four. We gathered at 12:30 with the plan of going to 5:00.  Totally different working in the winter and with a smaller group.  Since I am not yet sure of the guidance, just stuck to the regular program.

The second day is still about meeting and establishing a language.  I saw Marty Wiener this morning from 10 to 11 so my head felt open and light.  My cycle is in full force and the moon is full on.  I am achy but engaged.

Mini Practice to open breathing room
- Restorative Baddha Konasana Heart Opener with Breath Attention in front of body
- Easy Sukhasana Forward Fold with Breath Awareness in Back of body
- Easy Sukhasana Side Bend
- Sitting

Nervous System, Vagus Nerve and Breath Lecture
Today I mixed in Sutra 1.2 and 1.34 into the physiological discussion on breath and stress and the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system and how it all works.  I recorded it and hope to be able to put it up.

Easy Practice to Establish Language Queuing and Anatomical Understanding
We moved though an easy practice to get a sense of how the body works and the language I use so that we can bring this forward to more complex postures.  I use the first practice to reveal my "motivations" for doing the things I do in the way I do them.

Supine Hip Rotation understanding
Seated Tailbone and Hip Rotation Understanding
Squat Hip Understanding
Uttanasana
Roll up to Standing

Shoulder Rotation Understanding
Wise Guy

Tadasana
Ujayyi Breath
Easy Lunge Salutes (3 Rounds), including some hamstring work
Little Tree
Squat

Transition onto Backs
Windshield Wiper
Bridge x 2
Knees to Chest
Easy Spinal Twist
Rest

Savasana

3:40 Break
Coming back together at 4:15

Some Logistics
Time for questions.
Looked at Krishnamacharya Lineage.
Assigned Mindset Article and History Reading.
Assignment of Lineage Work.

Look at Downward Facing Dog.
The group is 4 flexible women.
It is going to be difficult to find differences.  Might have to recruit some boys.

Circled
Chanted Lokah Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu

Close.


No comments: