Sunday, June 29, 2008

Patricia Sullivan Day 3: Asana Practice

I skipped the Pranayama this morning.
Sunday mornings are leisurely and I like them that way.
Coffee, paper, connect with my husband, Eric.

The asana practice went something like this:

The Talk was on Sutra 1.33.
I have spent a great deal of time with this sutra.
So I found myself struggling to hear what patricia had to say.  It is so easy to fall into the "I already know this" manta and not listening.  But it was easy to catch and soften and I loved hearing her presentation which is way different from mine.

We did not do a single standing posture today and I was incredibly grateful.
Instead we focused more deeply in the hip joints from the supine and seated positions.

I think we did some stuff before we got to here, but I am not sure.  Hopefully Alana will read this and let me know what I left out.

Belly Down Hip Opening with Blankets and Postures with emphasis on "extruding" hip from joint.
Janu Sirsasana Work 
Feet on Block to Open Hips
Box Pose with emphasis on scooping under and drawing hip "out of socket"
Baddha Konasana to "Sassasana" Play
Sassasana to Pigeon Play (emphasis on sacral belly, lengthening front hip and creating space)
Pigeon to Twisting Play

Supine External Rotation Play
The work was providing new insight into "whipping" into Lotus

Backbending Play with partners smoothing out rib Cage
Backbending over blocks with Partner Play
Upward Facing Bow Pose Play

Knees to Chest Play

Savasana
(I had one of the deepest savasanas ever)

Sit

No comments: