Thursday, June 12, 2008

Teacher Training Day 1

We gathered tonight for the first time.
8:30 to 10:00pm, which is too late really, but I don't like to cancel classes for the training.
To relax today and prepare I went on a hike, practiced and sat at Krotona.  It seemed to work cuz I arrived at Lulu's feeling totally blank and like I had never taught before.  Hahah!  Always fun to be dropped into the mode of trust by force.

Wow!  What a bright and shiny group!
It's a totally new experience to be offering a training to a group of so many who I do not yet know.   16 peeps.  I have no choice but to start at the beginning and establish our language so that we can communicate together.

We started with a mini yin practice.
The training is mostly about the vinyasa style, interspersed with yin and restorative, but the yin is a great way to start cuz you see the bodies you are working with immediately.
Passive Baddha Konasana, pigeon (aka swan), and sphinx/seal and lying spinal twist do not lie. It's a really flexible group who seem very comfortable in their bodies.  So it seems that we will need to spend some time on understanding what it is like to be stiff and new.

Then we gathered for Introductions.  The cascade of events that guide someone to take a teacher training somewhere with someone is fascinating.  Most of the peeps felt drawn to Lulu's or Ojai or someone in Ojai or a combination of the three.  Most of the peeps are not yet teaching, but drawn to the possibility of it. 

I kind of forgot to introduce myself and let it go cuz we were running over and peeps seemed tired.  I also forgot to mention important logistical stuff like food and practice and the layout of the days, but I suppose tomorrow will be the perfect time.  We handed out the manuals (which are my most favorite ever) and went over "How to Get the Most Out of the Training" and "My Goals for the Training."  I assigned Joel Kramer's Yoga for Transformation.  

I am in total wonderment about how it's all gonna go.  We have no choice but to fall in love.  Cu learning can only happen in LOVE.  Or so Krishna said to Arjuna, so here we go.

xo
k




No comments: