Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yoga Basics 5:15pm Wednesday

14 Peeps

I arrived feeling excited to teach and wondering what was going to happen.  One of my favorite peeps showed up with a back in spasm.  Midway through class, I allowed myself to get confused and feel uncertain. And for the first time in a long time I found myself looking at the clock and wondering how much longer we had.  So that was new and different and interesting.  And when that happens I slow the class down too much.

Opening
Supported Heart Opener
(Back Spasm supine with knees supported by 2 bolsters and a blanket)

Easy Cross legged Forward Fold
Side Bending
(Switch Legs and Repeat)

Slumpy Dandasana
Chest Press Dandasana

Cat Cow

Childs
1/4 Dog

Rounded Back
Plank
Downward Facing Dog

Uttanasana
Roll up to Tadasana

Shoulder Shrugs
Shoulder/Chest Openers with Strap
Eagle Arms with Wise Guy
Arms overhead stretch with Strap

Squat
Roll up Tadasana

Ujayyi Breathing
3 Rounds Om

2 Rounds Easy Lunge Salutes

(This is where I got confused.  I was going to go into Standing Poses but back spasm peep would be bumming...so I went towards earth, but it was too soon in the timing...etc.)

Sun to Dog
Plank onto Belly

Windshield Wiper
Sphinx
Rest
Cobra
Rest
Cobra Again

Rocket Cat and Childs

Vajrasana Sit

Seated Spinal Twist
Baddha Konasana

Transition onto Backs
Eye of the Needle to Eagle Legs Spinal Twist
Knees to Chest

Savasana





No comments: