Saturday, June 14, 2008

Teacher Training Day 3

OM

I am holding the group back, or maybe we are still getting to know each other, but they are ready to take off. Such a bright and brilliant group. I am learning so much.

And I had the realization tonight on my hike after class that I have been arriving with a "plan." Now I don't know exactly how things are going to go down within that plan, like i am not really sure what I am going to say and I don't know the questions that will come up, but I am more "organized" than I usually am for class. I suppose it's cuz I have not done this enough, but I had the hit that it is too uptight and not as representative as it could be if I relaxed a little more.

Today we did this:
Partner Hip Work at the Wall
Legs Wide and in Baddha Konasana

Talk about the "Myth of the Pose" and the "Process of Asana"
weaving the Joel Kramer quote in, understanding how things are continually in flux and changing...you, the students...the asanas....
Good feedback on the "Effort Effect"

Questions that will be brought back in and answered:
Alicia, "Do you share your process in class?"
Robert's "Can you speak more about a safe place"
Donna "how long did it take"?


We have a couple injuries and body mischief that is being revealed:
Sarah's lower back and hip
Nicole's psoas and hip
Robert's sciatica

This seems to point towards a "case study" "moving towards the dead end of the solution" question.

10 minute break

Practice to explore 2 different ways to get into Triangle
Squat
Utanasana
Roll to Standing
Prana Lines of Arms
Heart pounding
Prana Arm Extension Exercise

Tadasana
Ujayyi

Lunge Salute Pattern 1:
Lunge
PP (find lines of legs)
Hammock
Transition to Standing Wide Leg
Warrior 2 Dance
Trikonasana
Twisting Lunge

Vinaysa 1
Down Dog
Plank
Locust
Rocket Cat
Plank
Dog

Step Forward Repeat Other Side
Uttanasana
Utkatasana
Tadasana

Lunge Pattern 2
Lunge
Blue Print Side Angle Pose
Triangle
Open Triangle
Wrapped Triangle
Wrapped Side Angle
Deep Low Hip Lunge
Twisting Lunge to Straight Leg

Vinyasa 2
Dog
Plank
Locust 2
Rocket Cat
Plank
Side Plank
Dog
Side Plank Other Side
Locust 2
Rocket Cat
Plank
Dog

Step Forward and Repeat Standing Sequence Other Side
Uttansana
Tadasana

Gather and Look at:
Warrior 2
Triangle
Side Angle

Looked and saw where there could be more space and where there could be more stability. It was really fun to see where different shapes had come from. Donna is a Bikram teacher in Ashland and her Warrior 2 looks like the Bikram Triangle. Casey practice Ashtanga in Utah and his and Meghan's triangles were the Ashtanga patterns. So we just played with unraveling those patterns a little towards something that might be more successful. I think this was fun. I am learning how to allow the group to solve the "problem" instead of me and it seems to be working.

Then we broke back out to our mats.
Half Lord of the Fishes Pose
Cow Face Pose
Supported Heart Opener or Supported BK
Savasana

It was already 4:35 when we said "namaste".
So took a short 15 minutes break.

Regathered to start to look at "How to Break Down a Posture"
Used Urdhva Dhanurasana.
No one seemed to have any trouble with the concept.
So assigned Step 1 and 2 of Sequencing Homework.

Sung Happy Birthday to Winifred.
OM

No comments: